Girls’ Power Initiative (GPI) is advertising for the position of a Monitoring and Evaluation officer.
Location: GPI office Calabar center
Qualification: At least B.sc in relevant discipline, from 3 years work experience in the area. An additional qualification/ training is an added advantage.
Information about GPI
Girls’ Power Initiative (GPI) is a Nigerian non-governmental, not-for-profit youth development organization founded in 1993 by Bene Madunagu and Grace Osakue to address the challenges facing girls in the Nigerian society and equip them with information, skills and opportunities for action to grow into self actualised young women.
GPI vigorously promotes gender equality and equity and works with adolescent girls to develop their leadership and capacity to respond to, and work for social transformation towards gender and social justice.
GPI’s mission – A sustainable feminist institution leading transformation of patriarchal values in Nigeria
GPI’s vision – To empower children and young females with accurate information and skills from a gender perspective for social action
- Team work – We are committed to harnessing internal and external human resources and expertise and capacity for better outcomes of our interventions in achieving our mission
- Passion – We bring and channel our feelings, emotion and zeal to the work that we do knowing that we are dealing with issues and expecting changes on issues that affect the psyche of our target audience
- Upholding Feminist Ideology– We being to our work knowledge, attitude, behavior and practices that reflect and promote equality and social justice
- Equal opportunities for all – We are committed to practices and interventions that are non discriminatory and promote the social development of girls and young females regardless of residence, social and economic background.
- Integrity – We are committed to demonstrating high level of honesty, accountability, truthfulness, honour, reliability, uprightness through consistency of actions and operations. We will let our words be our bound under any circumstance
Main purpose of the Job
Work with other departments to ensure proper monitoring of GPI activities and documentation of outcome for reports and future
Main duties and Key Responsibilities
- Support the Development, reviewing and strengthening of monitoring, evaluation and reporting procedures
•Support the Monitoring of all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
•Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work
- Support the Development and monitoring of impact indicator(s) for each project success;
•Support and advise on the best approach to Monitoring and evaluation overall progress on achievement of results;
•Support the Monitoring and sustainability of the project’s results;
•Provide feedback to the Coordinator on projects strategies and activities towards ensuring results based management
•Suggest strategies to the Coordinator for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of projects by identifying challenges in completing project activities and developing plans to mitigate such challenges;
•Facilitate project reports to the Coordinator as at when due
•support the Conduct of capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system
- Support the Development of indicators and a monitoring strategy for the organisation;
Participate either virtually or where feasible physically in project reviews and planning meetings as at when due and assist the Coordinator in preparing relevant reports;;
•Assist in coordinating across the available components of the Project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
•Assist the project personnel with M&E tools and in supporting them in their use.
•Perform other duties as required;
- Preparation of MIS reports;
•Assist the Coordinator in preparing project reports and other relevant reports;
•Facilitate trainings on M&E/MIS for program staff
•Assist Coordinator in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from projects;
•Provide input and update information related to project outcome in GPI website;
•Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the program and projects.
Drop your C.V. at GPI Calabar office, Anyamurua Estate, Atimbo, Calabar.